Keep your eyes peeled
From viral sensations to mysterious up-and-comers, 2018 has already produced an incredible crop of new artists that remind us why we listen to new music at all, and what it can do on emotional and social levels. Here are some of our favorites so far. They are the future.
- A viral sensation, he was first known for his 6-second Vine covers and then broke through when his first single “Mine” was used as a Snapchat filter.
- He was recently announced as a special guest for Camila Cabello’s North American ‘Never
- Be the Same Tour’.
- On repeat: “Honest”
- Hailing from Jacksonville, Florida, he’s a Swiss Army knife when it comes to music - a self-taught producer, engineer, and recording artist, he also directed and starred in his newest music video for “No Going Back”, filmed in his hometown.
- He’s been making music for years, including the single “Frequency” in 2011, under the barely pronounceable name Unouomedude before switching to Yuno in 2012.
- On repeat: “Grapefruit”
- The French duo consisting of Josh Chergui and Lois Serre dropped Hide, their latest EP in early 2017 with catchy, summery tunes including “Ocean Hill” featuring vocalist Hannah Young.
- Their remix of “Sky” by Lumberjack & Arensky was mistaken as a leaked Chainsmokers collaboration with OneRepublic frontman, Ryan Tedder.
- On repeat: “Close To Me” feat. Rendell Stovall
- Originating from Brooklyn, this rap trio is representing a new wave of underground New York hip-hop called “Beast Coast”.
- Their new album Vacation In Hell features collaborations with an all-star roster, including Joey Bada$$, A$AP Twelvyy, Jada Kiss, Denzel Curry, and a second collaboration with Portugal. The Man (their first was when they remixed “Feel It Still”).
- Outside of studio time, you can catch their hilarious late night talk show on YouTube filled with pop culture parodies.
- On repeat: “Ask Courtney” - Vacation In Hell
- This rising country star went on tour with Kenny Rodgers when she was just 9 years old.
- She used to be in a band called The Little Women Band but left to pursue an education at Philadelphia University.
- She was recently a part of the CMA Songwriters Series at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival.
- On repeat: “Bleachers” - Side A
- This 19-year-old Brooklyn native is Mark Ronson’s first signee on his new record label, Zelig
- Records, although this isn’t her first offer. At just 11, she turned down a record deal in order to finish school.
- Her latest single “1950” takes on the challenges of queer love. She sings and plays every instrument on the track.
- On repeat: “1950”
- Formed in 2015, this eccentric French duo met at the Beaux Arts school of Cergy-Pontoise in the suburbs of Paris.
- In 2016, they released their first single “Prettiest Virgin” where you can vibe to their signature bassline grooves.
- On repeat: “I’m That Guy” - Cardan EP
Make sure to check out our Artists to Watch channel!