The 60th Annual Grammy Awards: Sunday January 28th, 2018
With us, it’s not about Who Wore It Best, but Who Sung It Best. These are artists who found success in exploring uncharted terrains. These are artists who are eager to stretch the parameters of their aesthetic. These artists who delivered stern and serious tracks + albums, while remaining conceptually focused. Now, that’s real music.
All the nominees. All the tracks. All on Stingray Music.
Here are our picks/predictions for the 2018 GRAMMY Awards:
10. BEST MUSIC VIDEO
Award to the artist, video director, and video producer.
WHO SHOULD WIN: HUMBLE. by Kendrick Lamar (The Little Homies & Dave Meyers, video directors; Jason Baum, Dave Free, Jamie Rabineau, Nathan K. Scherrer & Anthony Tiffith, video producers)
Pss! It's even our personal favorite of the year!
9. BEST DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE
For new vocal or instrumental duo/group or collaborative pop recordings. Singles or tracks only.
8. BEST ALBUM
WHO SHOULD WIN IN:
- Rap: DAMN. by Kendrick Lamar
- Alternative: Sleep Well Beast by The National
- Rock: Villains by Queens of the Stone Age
- R&B: 24K Magic by Bruno Mars
- Urban Contemporary: Ctrl by SZA
- Pop Vocal: ÷ (Divide) by Ed Sheeran
- Traditional Pop Vocal: Triplicate by Bob Dylan
- Latin Pop: Mis Planes Son Amarte by Juanes
- Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative: Ayo by Bomba Estéreo
- Reggae: Stony Hill by Damian Marley
7. BEST NEW ARTIST
An artist will be considered for Best New Artist if their eligibility year release/s achieved a breakthrough into the public consciousness and notably impacted the musical landscape.
WHO SHOULD WIN: SZA
6. BEST PERFORMANCE
For new vocal or instrumental recordings. Singles or tracks only.
WHO SHOULD WIN IN:
- Rap: HUMBLE. by Kendrick Lamar
- R&B: That’s What I Like by Bruno Mars
- Metal: Invisible Enemy by August Burns Red
- Pop: Million Reasons by Lady Gaga
5. BEST SONG
- Rap: HUMBLE. by K. Duckworth, Asheton Hogan & M. Williams II, songwriters (Kendrick Lamar)
- Rock: Run by Foo Fighters, songwriters (Foo Fighters)
4. SONG OF THE YEAR
A Songwriter(s) Award. A song is eligible if it was first released or if it first achieved prominence during the Eligibility Year. (Artist names appear in parentheses.) Singles or Tracks only.
WHO SHOULD WIN: Despacito by Ramon Ayala Rodriguez, Justin Bieber, Jason Boyd, Erika Ender, Luis Fonsi & Marty James Garton Jr, songwriters (Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber)
3. ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Award to Artist(s) and to Featured Artist(s), Songwriter(s) of new material, Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s), Mixer(s) and Mastering Engineer(s) credited with at least 33% playing time of the album, if other than Artist.
WHO SHOULD WIN: 24K Magic by Bruno Mars (Shampoo Press & Curl, producers; Serban Ghenea, John Hanes & Charles Moniz, engineers/mixers; Christopher Brody Brown, James Fauntleroy, Philip Lawrence & Bruno Mars, songwriters; Tom Coyne, mastering engineer)
2. RECORD OF THE YEAR
Award to the Artist and to the Producer(s), Recording Engineer(s) and/or Mixer(s) and mastering engineer(s), if other than the artist.
WHO SHOULD WIN: HUMBLE. by Kendrick Lamar (Asheton Hogan & Mike Will Made It, producers; Derek "MixedByAli" Ali, James Hunt & Matt Schaeffer, engineers/mixers; Mike Bozzi, mastering engineer)
1. BEST ARTIST OF THE YEAR
We'll let you pick 😊
Get your GRAMMY viewing party ready, already! All the nominees. All the tracks. All on Stingray Music.