Did you know that the Stingray Music mobile app reached 2.5 million downloads?
Stingray Music’s popularity and brand awareness across the country is growing and reaching new heights!
Here are a few key statistics we’ve collected, thanks to Maru/Matchbox’s Canadian Listenership Study:
- In January 2018, 50% of Canadians with access to Stingray Music declared having had tuned in during the past month
- In January 2018, nearly 1 in 3 Canadian pay TV subscribers had tuned in to a Stingray Music channel in the past week
- Professional study shows that free music services are key to retaining pay TV subscribers
Visibility with Canadian artists
Close to 15,000 Canadian artists and bands are broadcast on Stingray Music.
Key takeaways from January 2018:
- The Stingray Music mobile app received its highest Apple Store rating in history with 4.8 stars.
- 68% of Canadians with access to Stingray Music declared tuning in over the past months.
- 50% of Canadians with access to Stingray Music had tuned in during the past month.
- Nearly 1 in 3 pay TV subscribers confirmed having tuned in to a Stingray Music channel in the past week.
- Stingray Music’s reach remains strong with younger listeners aged 35-54 and 18-34, with 36% and 35% respectively reporting tuning in in the past week.
- 46% of respondents who tuned in to Stingray Music in the past declared that they would consider switching to a different TV provider if they were offered free music and mobile app access for the same price. Stingray Music’s audio TV channels are offered free to Canadian subscribers with most pay TV packages.
- 9% of respondents reported listening to Stingray Music via a tablet, mobile device or online in the past week.